Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Well, this day just keeps getting better and better.....

Drawing done during a live stream with Gulfsprite on Saturday
Finished with water color and collage
Saw something on Pinterest and decided yes to a paper quilt
Got bored with faces and went back to washi tape flowers. OH, look. A squirrel!
Markers. Why? I don't know
Well hey, let's make another journal with the Copic stitch
and reinforce the weaker pages with scrapbook papers
Inside the front cover

Inside the back cover

So. First of all, Blogger is weird today and beyond my control. This is my 3rd attempt to post. 
Gulfsprite has been working in a journal she made herself from heavy duty file folders. Yes, file folders do come in different weights, just in case you want to join my insanity and make one. Yesterday I pulled out 20 heavy folders, measured and punched holes, cut down some chipboard, and watched reruns of Big Bang Theory and sewed this sucker together. I would love to give you a link to the YouTube tutorial I used, but every time I have tried it, I lose the blog. So. The artist is Sea Lemon, and I just searched for "Copic stitching". She has a very basic and excellent 11 minute video on how to make a journal from scratch. I treated each file folder as one signature, so a ton of stitching, but it is together and sturdy. I am using the scrapbook papers to reinforce the gaps, but seriously doubt this baby will come apart. I did use waxed linen thread made for book binding. 

Why do you ask? Why indeed. I am frustrated with the fact my large Dylusions journal will not lay flat, making it difficult to work on double page spreads. THIS journal lays absolutely flat, and  basically the exact same paper. And I had everything I needed at home. No shopping required. Amazing, isn't it?

Enjoy your days....go make something....I will! Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment