Tuesday, January 21, 2020

All over the place

8x8 Dylusions journal, first lesson in Waterbabies with Gulfsprite

I then tried it in the Strathmore watercolor journal

Collage, acrylic, watercolor, gouache in Dylusions journal


Gulfsprite is encouraging us to try and tell a story with collage and our own art. I enjoyed this spread. Cut out all of the watches from Vanity Fair and Harpers Bazaar. Originally I was going to use the line from Alice in Wonderland, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for a very important date. But then I decided to make it more up to date. The white and darker blue/green stripe is the Himi gouache on top of the acrylic, and this was very easy to apply. I used only graphite to draw, and Daniel Smith watercolors on the girl.

The exercise with the leaves taught me that I once again need to watercolor on watercolor paper. I have not done that in quite awhile, and this was challenging. Sigh. Too many journals.....

Be happy. Be content. Be kind.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment