Monday, December 3, 2018

Stuff


The water color and collage is mounted on an 8x16 canvas panel


Lots of machine stitching

Same size collage and panel

This is on 8.5x5.5 watercolor paper, not yet matted or mounted
I had fun this weekend. No one wants to buy these, and that's fine. I just like making them. The drawing and painting goes fast, as long as I don't over think the process. And I love collages, all types of paper pieces together. Has been a thing with me since I was in my teens.

I took a break from watercolors yesterday and tried to do a face in an altered journal in the style of Sewcrazi. Watched one of her videos on Instagram on Saturday. This was my second attempt to duplicate her process, and it just doesn't work for me. Not at all. I end up with chaos on the paper, and total frustration. Returning to what works for me.

Hope to get back in the studio this morning. It is mud season here in Central Indiana, and cleaning up after the dogs is a daily chore. Enjoy your day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment