Monday, November 5, 2018

Monday Stuff

5x8  watercolor with collage


Jake, wondering why we aren't at the dog park

My darling girl who needs to chill
First of all, my friend Jean just posted on Facebook how she loves standard time. Here is my deal: Gracie does not look at the clock. Gracie does not care that we move the clocks back and forward. Gracie goes by her own internal alarm. So now that we are back on standard time, which is actually the true "sun" time, we are all up at 4a.m. instead of 5a.m. Yes. This is just so much fun, I can't even translate the feeling into words. Can you read my lips?

Secondly, Facebook is become more than I want to deal with. Got an email that someone tried to change my password, was it me? Can you reply to that email? No, you cannot. So I hunted on the site until I found support, and sent them a message. Have not heard back. Yesterday morning I see notifications from a Vegan social group. So I go to their page, and guess what? I am a member! I am not Vegan. Nor am I a vegetarian. Got out of the group, but this made me think about other strange stuff going on. I sincerely doubt people that I tag in posts are always seeing the posts. My solution is to slowly, as I feel like it, to get out of various groups I have joined and become less of a target.

Back to art. Trying various watercolor papers that I have purchased over the years. So far have found only one that I truly like for the techniques that Danielle Donaldson teaches. The other papers I will use for mixed media projects and not watercolor. But. I must shop. You saw that coming, didn't you? I want to try Arches paper, which I can get with a coupon at Hobby Lobby. Has excellent reviews. I also started comparing prices between Michael's (the highest even with coupons), Hobby Lobby (sometimes the cheapest with the 40% coupon), and Blick. The regular price at Blick on a Strathmore best paper pad in the brown cover is half of Michael's.  Yep. Sometimes it is worth paying for shipping, or going to the amount they set for free shipping.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment