Thursday, November 29, 2018

Large Christmas Tag



This is the oversize tag from Tim Holtz. I think it's 6x12, not sure.

I saw this done on a blog that I now can't find. Yes, this is the way my life is going now..... First I did 2 coats of gesso to seal the tag which is made from MDF board. Then painted a heavy-ish coat of Distress Paint in Iced Spruce. Added some shading around the edges with Forest Moss and a bit of Ground Espresso, but blended that out with water. When it was dry, I stenciled Golden Light Molding Paste thru the Constellation stencil from Carabelle for the snow effect.

I let that all dry overnight, while I fiddled with pieces of paper and what nots for the collage. This has been sitting on a table for over 2 weeks, and yesterday I promised myself that it would get done. The papers are plain cardstock, Tim Holtz Christmas papers, and something old I pulled out of the stash.

I am so in the mood to paint today. Hoping that comes true.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment