Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Just Tired

No reason, just playing with a tag

New, to me, stamp set from Seth Apter
I so need to make a decision. Do I stay on Facebook to stay in touch with classmates, family, and see posts in my art groups? Or do I abandon this particular social media to get away from the viciousness of ignorant posts? For the third time this year, I am a hair away from removing my Facebook account.

Or. I could unfriend the people that continuously post what I find offensive. I have been scrolling right on by for 2 years now, not replying, not commenting, just ignoring it all. As the facts are mounting that Trump is up to his neck in something that smells, the activity of his supporters is increasing. Here is the thing. These people take great satisfaction on tearing down others, and their beliefs, instead of explaining or defending Trump.

I hate bullies. Seriously, a bully pisses me off. The urge to retaliate is strong. But that is what got this country into this divided mess to begin with, and I don't want to sink to that level. The same level where most Trump supporters dwell.

To clarify: there are Republicans that support Trump, and then there are Republicans who do not and can think for themselves. Please note that I do not lump them all together. And again, this is my blog. You may find all of the above offensive. That's okay. We are all entitled to our opinions. Opinions. Thoughts. Those are different from facts.

Sigh. I need to art journal. Yeah, boy.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment