Saturday, July 28, 2018

Just stuff

Daniel Smith watercolors, a little pencil work

THIS is my spot. You have a question?

Moving because she hates the camera in her face
I really am working on art stuff, just not completing much to show anyone. I have several things in stages, scattered around the room.

Southern Girl Designs on Instagram is starting a challenge tomorrow. This is only for 7 days, and you are to create whatever you want in 5 minutes. I am doing this because I need a kick in my butt again to stay motivated. I have tried before to draw or paint within 5 and 10 minute intervals, setting the timer on my phone. Either I am done really early, so just getting started when the timer dings. Interesting concept to experience.

The art journal page above is a double page spread in my extra wide Dylusions journal. Was not happy how the entire spread turned out, so just photographed the girl's face. I love the feel of the Dylusions paper with Daniel Smith watercolors on it. But this time I ran into a problem when I went back to add more color with Derwent pencils, and Faber Castel water color pencils. When I hit the marks with a wet brush, the paper started to pell in spots. That has never happened before. Cathy and I have both experienced this, so we think there is something in the binding agent in the pencils that reacts to the paper.

Beautiful weather. The dogs and I will go out today and enjoy it.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment