Thursday, May 24, 2018

Day 52

I have a story. Of course I do.

Yeah,, baby!
First the tag: I had gel plate printed this tag, and added some Distress Oxide ink as well. Then let it sit on the desk for a few days, trying to decide how I wanted to add more contrast. I pulled out some rub-ons, and decided that the small black images would do nicely. Except they didn't rub-on so well. In fact, NOW I know why JoAnn's had these on clearance. These are the Tim Holtz Ranger rub-ons, and basically they fell apart. Some bits stuck to my fingers, some bits stuck to the paper on the desk. Because the tags are mixed media and not representative art, I don't care. Just a word of caution, if you want to use this product you may not get a complete image. Black, sharp, and clear, but not complete.

I then added a light coat of the Utrecht Matte Gel medium to seal the rub-ons to the tag. In the Abstraction class, Ardith talked about supplies. She buys this particular product by the bucket, because it is her favorite. I was almost out of my Liquitex Matte Gel, so I took an online look at this. This is 32 ounces, and DickBlick sells it for $19.95. The same size by Liquitex is anywhere from $32.99 to $37.99, depending on where you shop. I have also tried Golden's Matte Gel. By far, the Utrecht is superior. Has more of a matte finish, spreads easier, I just really enjoyed using this product. And it is obviously cheaper. Sooooo, going to take a look at other Utrecht mediums as well. One never knows, does one?

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment