Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Day 44

Back to working in the studio for at least 30 minutes every afternoon, and it feels good. I am really trying to find that balance between doing projects in art, and getting everything done in the house and yard. It is not easy. I seem to run out of energy by 4pm. This is what happens when you are old.

This is the last week for the Ardith Goodwin Abstraction class, and I have yet to start my final painting. Not that I haven't been sketching, going through photos, giving this a great deal of thought. The first step is choosing a subject matter that you have a point of view about. Simply means you as an artist have something to say on that particular subject. So yeah, a lot of thought. I definitely have a lot to say, as anyone who knows me can testify, but not sure how I want to express it. When the right subject presents itself, I will know.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment