Friday, April 13, 2018

Day 11

The ladies are from a Dina Wakely stamp, and tissue paper

Yes, she is!
The 6 sided shapes are from a paper punch and old pieces of scrap book papers. I glued them down, then did a light coat of Matte Medium over the top so I could add color with the Faber Castell Big Brush pens. If you use those pens containing India ink on top of any type of matte medium, you can move the ink for about 20 seconds with a wet brush or finger. Old tip from a very old She Art video.

The three smaller female figures are a small bit of the new Dina tissue collage paper. If you have not tried this, it is loaded with goodies. Each sheet is different. I didn't realize that when I ordered it. The larger figure is a Dina stamp.

My take-away from the past 11 days is that I am learning to use my time more constructively, making art in 10 to 15 minute segments but finishing tags because they are small. Having done the backgrounds is an immense help, but I don't always keep the background once I start. About 50% of the time, I am adding paint and collage, covering a lot of space. And that is another major point: I am no longer afraid or shy about covering up something I have done previously. If it doesn't feel or look right, it's gone. No regrets.

Which, as I type this, has applied to my life as well. Had a long talk with an old friend last night (Hi, Jean!). We bounce ideas and thoughts off each other constantly, but we are both of the mind to follow our own gut instincts, especially in the medical arena. Keeping an open mind and questioning everything is now part of our make up. Perhaps it is age and experience nudging us forward. Thanks for stopping by.
Linda
There are a flock of Canadian geese sitting on the roof lines of my neighbors homes. The dogs are bonkers. We will all have goose poop everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment