Friday, March 16, 2018

Layers and Stitches Class Spread 3T

Took this to assess the pages

Then added some more collage pieces, and white gesso with a palette knife

I feel she is still missing something, so will add some of that pale green on other parts
I posted the second photo late yesterday on Instagram, and Ashli Oliver responded with the suggestion this spread needs a touch of contrasting color, like a blue or green. I agree. It is too monochromatic, and without contrast, too blah. So will add something today. I wanted to dry well, as I had worked on it for an hour and the paper was saturated with moisture.

But. And this is a big "BUT". That is a scrap book paper under her face. Granted, a good quality older paper with some heft, but still it is not water color paper. And look how the Daniel Smith water colors sit on it. The more I use these, the more I love them.  The eyelashes and lines around the eyes were done with a black pen.

Going to try for the final spread today, but it is also a dog errand day. My babies need their annual shots, and this is a long waiting process at the Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic. If you have not tried them for vaccines, they are great, and it truly is cheaper. Plus everyone is so nice. So yeah, gonna be one of those days.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment