Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Cards? Really?

Square card with paper strips added

This is the standard 3x5 card size

Added white heavy body paint, pressed a circle stamp into the paint

Ditto

Made a happy card for a friend

Added water color and stamped a sentiment on cardstock

Ditto
In Ashli Oliver's class, Beyond the Stamp, she does multiple projects on camera. One was making a greeting card with left over paper strips. Anyone else have bits and pieces of paper hanging around? Can I see a show of hands? I dumped two full containers this past summer, and yet I still have some. This idea intrigued me. I glued odd strips (changing it slightly, I used coordinating papers) to the front of a card. Using a palette knife, I spread heavy body Liquitex white acrylic paint over part of the card, then pressed an unmounted rubber circle stamp into the wet paint. IMMEDIATELY CLEAN YOUR STAMP, OR IT WILL BE RUINED!!! Both cards were set aside to dry overnight.

Last night I added some water colors, trying to get them to run, and if you look close, the top card has water color drips all over. Pulled out one of my drawers of card making stamps (yes, I have more than one drawer full of card stuff), stamped the sentiments on white card stock, cut them out, and applied.

Would I do this again? Maybe, for a special occasion, but it is a lot of steps. Although if you are watching television at the same time, not bad at all. Multi tasking. Love it.

Seriously, you can buy a package of blank white cards and envelopes at Hobby Lobby on sale for less than $5.00.. Usually there are 50 cards in a pack. With the price of cards today, and a little effort, you can give someone a unique greeting they will never see repeated. AND I am using up old supplies, because that was a promise to myself for 2018.

But have you seen the new TCW stencils??????
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment