Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Canvas and art journaling

6x12 inch canvas painted black is the base



In the small Dylusions journal

Entire spread

This is part of a gel plate print I cut up into an odd shape
I now have quite a collection of Seth Apter die's from Spellbinders. Using a variety of circle dies, I cut out 3 of each from water color paper, then glued them together. Painted each with a neutral grey craft paint, then embossed with Stampendous Vintage embossing powder is silver. The more I use embossing powders, the more I like them. One thought swimming around in the back of my brain is to add some to a canvas. Soon.

Years ago Cathy and I ordered the 6x12 inch canvases from Blick, because we wanted them for our Christy Tomlinson classes (she used them constantly) and could not find that size anywhere. I still have a few left. Base coat is black gesso, and originally I wanted to make a black and white gel print to use behind the silver circles. Just didn't work. I decided almost immediately that I needed some color. That lead to the monoprinting session on Sunday. The bright blue/green teal woven fabric is from a scrapbook pack I found on clearance at Michael's a few weeks ago. To my eye, this color makes the monoprint paper pop.

All of the paper is glued down with Liquitex heavy gel medium, including the circle die cuts. I added some metal pieces I found at flea markets last year at the Covered Bridge Festival in western Indiana. Those I glued with Fusion glue.

Art journaling: this face started with pencils, then I added some Black Wing in black, then gesso and finished with water colors. The doodles were done with black pen. I have kind of become disenchanted with how water colors react on the Dylusion journal paper, so thinking I will try this again in one of mixed media journals.

Thanks for stopping by. Our President played golf on MLK JR day. Bless his heart, he works soooo hard.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment