Saturday, January 27, 2018

Making art, kind of

In the junque journal

Tag is 6.25x3.50. This is the front

This is the back

Bronze embossing powder

Layers of gel printing with acrylic on a tag
I posted the first tag on Instagram yesterday, and Klara claimed it. It is yours, Klara! I have been hopping from journal to journal, doing whatever strikes me. When the motivation stops for that, I go back to tags. I ordered some new embossing powders from Seth Apter by Emerald Creek, which are shipping soon. In the meantime, I purchased some Stampendous Vintage powders. The ring was done by using a die cut on water color paper as a stencil. I put gel medium thru the openings, then sprinkled the embossing powder on, and applied heat. If you are getting into embossing, Seth gave me a great tip: you can heat the powders from underneath as well as on top. Plus, the newer, heavier metallic powders have different degrees of "doneness". I have discovered that you can stop just short of the powders totally solidifying into a shiny surface, leaving a more distressed finish.

Right now I am just playing, but I see all types of applications to mixed media canvases with the newer powders. Having a blast with this.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment