Friday, November 17, 2017

Works in Progress



Carrots
The top two photos are 9x12 canvas boards with layers upon layers of paint, deli papers that were stenciled and painted, various other papers, gesso, you name it and it probably landed on these boards. These are parts of two whole projects that I can't show you because they might or might not be winging their way to some people because it's almost that time of year.

How vague was that?

But. Yeah, but I had a lot of fun doing these and it kind of brought me back to my mixed media roots from all of the old She Art videos I did years ago. More to come.

I had a discussion with one of my class participants on how, as we grow older, we are moving away from eating a lot of meat. Her favorite vegetable is carrots. I had already added them to my shopping list, so the next night I fixed a pound of carrots. Whether it was my mood or her suggestion, I don't know, but the entire pound was finished in less than 24 hours. To taunt her while she was at work, because it's me, people, I took this pic and sent it to her in a text. Her reply? YUMMMM!!

My kind of people.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment