Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Priorities

Clifty Falls State Park, Madison, IN.

View of gardens from walkway, Lanier Mansion

Looking up into the spiral staircase at Lanier Mansion
I made a promise to myself almost two years ago to not do things I do not want to do. That sounds like a fairly straight forward statement, but we all cave in to requests from family, friends, associates to get involved in "just this one hour" or one day, or whatever length of time specified. And pretty soon a pattern emerges and you skip down that old rabbit hole once again. So the time has come to step back and reevaluate how I spend my time.

I am a breast cancer survivor. Time is precious. I have decided to use this public forum to promise myself, again, what I will or will not do.

I will no longer waste my time worrying about small minded people or their actions. Walking away.

I will not tolerate intentional cruelty, bullying, racism, intolerance towards the LGBT community.

If it is not possible for me to speak up or out, I will do my level best to remove that person(s) from my personal space. They can take their toxicity elsewhere.

Drama? Please, go out and get a life. If you want to perform, volunteer for community theater.

And I will work in my various art journals until the bad vibes are gone, until I no longer hold onto those thoughts. If you let someone else take residency in your head, they own you. Not happening. Not today, not ever.

Peace.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment