Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Art Journaling

Ad I tore out of magazine so I could draw an Asian face

I knew almost immediately it wasn't going to turn out, so I turned into an X-Files alien

Did a quick collage, but wasn't happy with it so let it sit overnight

Now it is more cohesive, has movement. I like it.

Some of my friends have weird senses of humor. Not all, but some.
The shirt was a Christmas present from last year, that I did not receive until June of this year. I wore it this past weekend. Sucker is really warm, but not too many places I will be taking my coat off if I am wearing that.

I have actually been art journaling quite a bit, just not super happy with what I am producing. This is the second Asian face I have tried. I see what I should be drawing, but what comes out on the paper is not remotely correct or representative of the sample photograph. Try it. The face looks so easy, with well defined features. Yeah. Let me know how that goes.

So the collage is a way to just quickly release frustration, to put something down that will be pleasing to me. If I let the unsatisfying faces take over, I will stop journaling. I don't want to do that. The habit is back and I want to keep it going.

Go create something.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment