Monday, November 6, 2017

Art Journaling

Hot Mess

I was happy with the face

Tried to fix the hot mess. Nope.

Used Sakura Cray Pas oil pastels to soften and blend some of the color
I really, really need to stop comparing myself to what I see on the internet. It robs you of your goals, ambitions, and energy. Because, after this little disaster, I wanted to quit art journaling. I have to constantly remind myself that is is ALL good, the art is an adventure, and sometimes it will net a result you like, and sometimes it won't. Just be happy with the process, and the fact that I can still learn, that I still desire to learn new techniques, how to use products, etc.

Because I am convinced: once you stop being curious, the brain cells die. Setting aside drawing faces for awhile, working on making some junque journals. I have to go back and watch some of the videos again I purchased from Julie Fei-Fen Balzer. Not sure if I remember how to do the stitch correctly.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment