Sunday, September 24, 2017

Who Knew???



I have a four feet high vinyl clad chain link fence around the yard. After a series of events that made my blood pressure rise to headache heights, I decided to have a privacy fence installed. This will be 6 feet tall, the legal limit in the subdivision, and made of pine. No spacing between the boards. I am giddy with anticipation.

Today, after returning from the dog park, I decided to trim branches that were growing thru the fence. The above ia a pussy willow tree I planted 5 years ago. It was suppose to be 8 feet tall and 8 feet wide. It is about 10 feet wide, and at least 11 feet tall. Unfortunately, I let the branches go into the chain link, and they all had to be trimmed prior to tearing the fence down. During this chore I discovered a birds nest on top of the fence, with 2 branches right thru the middle of it. This explains why we heard far more birds chirping this past spring, doesn't it? It also explains a bird that would kind of dive bomb Jake when he got under that tree.

The nest is now empty, so no one is losing their home when the man arrives to start the fence later today.  Like I said, giddy!!!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment