Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Lots of stress relief

From a Vanity Fair ad months ago, left unfinished in my journal

Then I discovered gouache paint, and had to finish it

2 petunia plants on my deck

So many colors out of just 2 plants

I want to use these as a basis for a painting in water color and gouache
I seem to be juggling a lot lately. There is some personal distress with a close friend, family stuff, and then I decided to try and sell my house and move a bit more away from Indianapolis. The only part of all this that is actually working out is the friend, who has good news/bad news but it is all going to be alright.

My solution is to constantly clean, because the house is on the market, and then try to relax with the art journal. A good part of the studio has been packed, but I stopped when I realized a hoard of people were not flocking to see this house. That's okay. I don't have to move for any reason other than I want to try and get away from the insane traffic. If I don't, no big deal. It is not the end of the world. I could always buy a tank loaded with paint balls to lob at inconsiderate, rude drivers that think they are the only ones on the road.

Oh, my. Did I just type that?

So today's face was from a Vanity Fair ad in an issue early this year. I no longer have the magazine, but never finished the drawing. For whatever reason, I had added base coats of water color and stopped. While flipping through the art journal, I saw it again and immediately pulled out the gouache palette. This entry in the journal is now finished. The only way to learn these techniques is to practice, practice, practice. I will keep on keeping on.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment