Monday, May 22, 2017

Tags

2 3/4 by 6 inch tag
I love working on tags, all sizes. It sets up something in my brain that this project is short and sweet, and you can quickly move on.

I had grabbed this tag to mask out a collage from class with the gel plate, so it was completely covered in Golden Fluid Acrylic Teal, but had picked up a few nuances from the gel plate. Put it to the side to dry while I was working, and the more I looked at it, the more I wanted to do something with the new Tim Holtz Ideology figures. Cathy had just left and gone through the package of vintage photos with me. It's one of the things we both like to work with in our art. The card with "girl" on it is a Tim Holtz Journey card. The "Be Brave" chip board is a new Tim Holtz collection, and the washi tape across the top and bottom of the girl card is also Tim Holtz. Rusty star is from Hobby Lobby when they have their Christmas craft supplies for sale. They carry a line of primitive rusty elements that I have used on so many, many projects.

A happy tag that came together quickly. Now back to the real work on the collages....
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment