Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Special Order


From early in November until last week, I had a variety of art and some crafts for sale at the Artisan Marketplace in Plainfield, IN. Molly is closing the store due to lack of interest, but I gained a wonderful customer. She purchased my small Christmas house last December, then asked if I would make a Spring/Summer house. Did that, then she asked for a Fall house as well. Try to find autumn decorations at this time of year. The only ones I could come up with were scrapbooking embellishments. And the rusty stars from my stash of metal pieces. She didn't want any large metallic areas, but I did a little edging with Golden fine gold heavy body paint. It just needed something.

Another rain day. Yep. Never ending this year, so spending the morning cleaning the house and then starting the last lesson with Jane Davies. Dang. Reflecting back on the six weeks of lessons, I fully realized what a great teacher she is. She took us in baby steps leading up to this point, and I am now feeling comfortable enough to try a series of gel print collages on my own.

I have another 2 online lessons to finish after this. They will wait until we lose access to Jane. The access is worth it not just for my work, but what she says about the other students prints. I have learned from everyone. Love it.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment