Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Dog's Life

He has his head on my leg

Then he shifted to alongside of my leg

And finally back on top of my leg
When I watch television at night, I do it in my bedroom. My king size bed faces the tv on top of one of the dressers. I sit up with my legs stretched out, because it helps me to ease the back pain at the end of the day, and also to reduce swelling in my legs. I am old, folks. You learn through experience of what to do.

Gracie goes to my right, curling up into a pillow, or stretching out. She only wants to touch me if there are fireworks or a thunderstorm. The rest of the time it's "I'm good, mom. Just want to know you're here." Jake, on the other hand, wants some part of his body to be in constant contact with mine. He also wants his paws massaged, back rubbed, belly lightly stroked, or ears fluffed. Depends on his mood. If I do something he doesn't like, he'll move or put his paw on my hand. The message is direct: move on, woman. I don't want that tonight.

If I switch to the television in the living room, the dogs are out of sorts. This isn't the way it should be. I did it one night, on purpose, to mess with them. They didn't settle down for an hour, so I decided that was the end to THAT experiment and we returned to the bedroom.

Brats. I love them a bunch.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment