Friday, January 6, 2017

Inspiration Wednesday 2017

First IW2017 spread Jan 4th



A new year, a new Inspiration Wednesday journal. This will be the last year Donna Downey is doing this class, which makes me sad. I do understand after so many years, she is probably tired of it.

Thankfully for me, I had the 2 Donna stencils that she used for this first IW. We first applied gesso to seal the pages, then used the jar holding the paint brushes with Golden Light Molding Paste. We also used the paste to wrap the words from the "art is" stencil around the inclusion. I love this idea and will undoubtedly use it again. I let that dry, then did a light wash of Golden Teal in fluid acrylic. Let that dry, applied more gesso where the teal paint had grabbed a bit too heavy, and waited again. The glaze is Raw Umber, as always. Donna had adhered an old paint brush to the jar full of brushes. I didn't want to start the year with so much bulk, so I pulled out a new stamp. Ordered this a few weeks ago. It's small (about 2 inch long) images of various paint brushes, pens, artist tools. There are 12 on the stamp, so I made 2 tags, using all of the images. Distressed the tags and attached with the date.

Made me happy.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment