Thursday, December 29, 2016

Really??

From Instagram
I can't work on anything, and this is driving me nuts. I had hand surgery to remove a ganglion cyst the size of a large marble on December 21st. The stitches won't come out until the afternoon of January 4th, and I'm not sure if I will have restrictions after that. The cyst was at the base of my ring finger, so the meaty part of my palm was sliced open. Yeah, good times. Just needs time to heal.

In the month of December, Julie Fei-Fen Balzer participates in #carvedecember. She, along with a whole herd of other talented artists, posts daily carvings they have done. If you are on Instagram, just search with that hash tag and all posts will be displayed. There are over 3,300. So freaking cool, and I so wanted to do this but the hand was not cooperating. I have Julie's book on carving, and when I am able, I will start to carve. Or attempt to carve.  SO many ideas out there. SO cool.

Sad news this morning. Debbie Reynolds passed one day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher, died. Could we just end this year today, before it takes someone else? The list of those who passed that affected our lives with their entertainment is almost endless this year. Enough already.

I may try some drawing this afternoon. I can hold a pen or pencil. ANYTHING to scratch the creative itch. Sigh.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment