Friday, April 1, 2016

Inspiration Wednesday

Close up of second page

Entire spread open

First page with inclusion
As I have mentioned before, I signed up for the year long Inspiration Wednesday class from Donna Downey. A new journaling project and video are posted every other Wednesday throughout the year. The cost for this class is a mere $35, and if you are interested at all in mixed media or art journaling, it is well worth the price.

The above was the March 30th class, and I really enjoyed this one. Some I don't, or struggle with the colors, balance, whatever. That's cool. But the grungy, collage features of this week's project spoke to me.

All of the pages were first covered with Liquitex Gesso and allowed to dry. I then tore up a plain brown paper lunch bag and adhered that to the bottom half of the pages with Liquitex Gel Matte Medium. I have been using this for years, and the original price may give you pause, but trust me. A little goes a long way and it never fails. Nothing will peel up. Ever.

I adhered torn old book page pieces here and there, then some art tissue I had on hand that reminded me of spring. It was bright, so to subdue it a bit I stenciled over that with Dylusions Dirty Martini paint. Added some dress pattern pieces here and there, then glazed over everything with Golden Raw Umber, and Golden Glazing medium. I mix mine about 60% glazing to the paint. Wait a minute and wipe off with baby wipes. You can get some really interesting textures by using the lunch bags instead of a heavier craft brown paper. The "404" tag was purchased in a buncle from Donna Downey. I stamped an old Tim Holtz eye image on that with black ink, and adhered it with gel medium.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment