Saturday, February 13, 2016

Art as Therapy

Outside of folder

Inside of folder

Deli papers dressed up

Front cover

First 2 pages inside

Last 2 pages inside

Back cover
I posted one of the file folders the other day, but not the completed pages. So we are revisiting. If you want to make one of these mini albums, it is very easy: open up a manila file folder. Mark 3 inches up from the bottom edge, and score a fold line horizontally across the entire folder. Keeping the folder open, score vertical fold lines every 4.25 inches from left to right, NOT using the tabs to start your measurements or you will be off on the last portion. Measure from the straight, non-tab edge. When done with the scoring, fold along the lines. Reopen the folder, and either paint, stamp, stencil or spray ink to achieve the effect of the first folder in the above photographs. I adhere old book pages on the inside, and stapled the pockets in place when I folded up the bottom 3 inches to create those pockets.

For the second folder, I adhered old scrapbook papers lightly in place, then stitched in black thread around all edges. I added some small manila tags with stamped sayings for inspiration.

This project came to me in an email from Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine, and if you go to their website you can probably find the original instructions. I've also seen it on Pinterest.

The deli papers are going to become greeting cards. Julie Fei-Fen Balzar, here, has a video from this past week on her blog on how to do this. I really liked the way hers turned out, so decided I had to try it.

Have a great weekend. If you are in the Midwest, stay warm. It's freezing today.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment