Thursday, July 16, 2015

TBT

I made this. Someone purchased it. Unbelievable.

The incredible Dyan Reavley.

3 wonderful and kind women from Chicago. We bonded immediately.

Peacock on the farm where we used to sheep herd.
Today I just randomly chose the folder marked April 2013. There were not a lot of photos, but the memories came flooding back.

That was the winter and spring when I bought a new sewing machine, and turned into a frenzy of sewing and stuffing primitive crafts. There is one doll left in the booth, everything else has gone on to find a new home. For a variety of reasons, I have stopped sewing and stuffing.

In April, 2013 I signed up for a day long workshop with the British artist and Ranger designer, Dyan Reavley. She was going to be at a scrapbook store in Moline, IL. I looked at a map, and thought, no problem. I can drive that. The plan was to drive over on Friday afternoon, take the classes on Saturday, and drive home on Sunday.

Have you ever driven across the state of Illinois? It's flat and goes on forever. FOREVER! It took about 2 hours to get from my house to Champaign, and for whatever warped reason my brain picked that as the half point. Uh, no brain. Wrong. 4.5 hours later I arrived at my hotel. I either didn't realize or didn't register that not only was I driving west, but north as well. When I got out of my car, I saw those 3 lovely ladies unloading their car and laughing, so I asked if they were there for the Dyan Reavley class. "YES! You, too?" Yep. That's all it took. We sat together at one table and became known as the trouble makers from Chicago. I laughed a lot.

The peacock at the sheep herding farm that spring was magnificent. I miss that farm.
Enjoy your day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment