Tuesday, February 3, 2015

We're Bored!!!




My dogs are spoiled beyond all reason. It is totally my fault, and yes, I do own that fact. For the past 2 days, we stayed home. I didn't venture out at all, because I had no reason to go out in the cold and snow/rain/ice. When we hit a patch like this, they know to bug me.

Pet me. Play with me. Let me out, so you can let me in. Give me a treat. What are you doing now, mom? Oh, look! She sat down on the couch, let's get next to her. Not good enough, I'll climb up on her legs. Lean into mom. Give her the paw. And on and on. Any dog owner knows exactly what I'm talking about.

There are fleeting moments when I get irritated, usually when I am in pain or not feeling well. If I raise my voice, they will go lie down on a bed or jump up in the chair to avoid me. Minutes or an hour will pass, and one or both will approach. And gently nudge me. How can you stay mad at that unconditional love and devotion? I can't. My heart is too soft. So we play fetch or tug, or hide and seek. Gracie loves hide and seek. Jake hates it, because he has to know where I am every second, every minute of his life. And always there are lots of hugs, and kisses, and gently petting. Back and belly rubs for Gracie, paw massages for Jake.

Life is good.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment