Thursday, November 6, 2014

Random Thoughts

This is Jake. This is how Jake sleeps when the weather is cooler, or downright cold. He knocks down pillows, then walks in a circle until he has the pillow to his liking. And settles right down. There are times that Jake is on 2 or 3 pillows. If he doesn't feel like a nap on a stack of pillows, he has also been known to bunch up the bed quilts to his liking. I love that he does this, and that he wants to sleep next to me. It warms my heart that he trusts me to this degree. Jake did not have an easy start to life. My little shelter baby.

At what point do you say enough is enough? Having family issues, and yesterday after one attempt to establish contact with someone, was indirectly told to back off. That is being polite. I was blatantly ignored while another family member was told to fuck off. I'm not angry. Slightly worried, but looking at this as one of those situations I can do nothing about. The help has to come from within, so at this point I need to just take care of me. There is a line between "helping" and "enabling". To enable these people is aggravating the problem further. Everyone has two feet. Learn to stand on them.

Memory lapses. It is my understanding that this is a normal part of aging. I don't think I am having any lapses, because I am remembering events that friends and family don't. Is there such a thing as memory additives? One has to wonder. But it worries me when you want to reminisce with friends, and you are the only one who can recall seeing a play at the Shubert theatre in downtown Chicago in the middle of a record breaking snowstorm, are you hallucinating? Seriously, I can visualize walking in a 6 inch snowfall at 10pm on a week night, making our way to the train station with Pat,  heading home after seeing The Wiz. The next morning we could not get to work, because almost 30 inches of snow had fallen overnight. Based on the snowfall, this had to be the winter of 1977-1978.  Scary, people.

I am already sick of hearing Bing Crosby singing Christmas Carols, and it's only November 6th. What the frack?

Have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment