Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Freaking WInter

It is way too early for weather this cold. Snow on the ground for the past 3 days. But wait! Thunderstorms coming in this weekend? 60 degrees? Is the world ending? Is this the bitch slap the Republicans need to wake up about global climate change? Do bears shit in the woods?

I'm in a mood. Can you tell? Have been back in the studio and not really happy with the results. Some yes, mostly no. So I signed up for another online class this morning. This time with Donna Downey. 10 canvases in a series in 10 days. This means, but of course, I must, just must go shopping today to buy, buy, buy.

I have come to the conclusion that my addiction is to buying, and the process of creating. Not the end result. Is that weird? I don't know. Reading as many artist blogs as I do, I honestly don't feel I'm alone. There is always another product to try, something new on the market, or perhaps a new technique using older supplies.That is the hook that draws me in, again and again.

Yesterday it occurred to me that, should I drop dead of a heart attack, the kids would be left with stacks of these canvases and wonder what the hell I was doing, thinking, trying to accomplish. They would scratch their heads and come to the conclusion that I had way too much time on my hands and money to waste. My money, my time, my life. I have reached a point in my life that it truly does not matter to me what other people think. I am living my life for me. If creating crappy canvases makes me content and happy, brings a smile to my face, so be it. It's just me and the dogs, and they aren't talking.

Wise dogs.

Don't look at her. She has the phone out. 
Have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment