Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Daily Motivation

The Documented Life Project

The Documented Life Project

Large Dylusions journal #1

Large Dylusions journal #1

Large Dylusions journal #1
I fought working in my art journals all year. Oh, I did it off and on. But I was never happy with what I did. As so often happens in crafting and art, one thing leads to another. And sometimes it's a big circle back to the starting point.

About 4 months ago I ordered a Gelli Printmaking plate, and just started to mess around with it. I use a Speedball paint brayer to apply the paint to the surface. It is then necessary to clean off that brayer, so I just pulled the journals out and ran the brayer on random empty pages to clean it. I would have both journals open on the table for a few days to dry, then shut them and forget about what I had done.

A month ago I pulled them out, and the more I flipped through looking at the random paint patterns, the more I was inspired to do something. And so now it is daily. I've run out of old pages with paint, and now have started to experiment with other ways to apply background paint and ink. I like it. I want to work in my journals. For the first time ever.

Achieve. A good word for me for 2014.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment