Friday, October 11, 2013

Changes






Tomorrow is our annual end-of-the-season cook out at sheep herding. I am debating taking a camera tomorrow, so went back to look at old photos.  The first five photos are from September, 2010.

A few things come to mind: Gracie was definitely thinner, but she was also not yet 2 years old. Sarge was so tolerant of her antics. Yes, Gracie is biting his tail in two of the above shots.

A lot has changed since those pictures were taken. We lost Sarge, and when I brought Jake home, Gracie gradually lost her alpha role in the house. Jake rules. Whether it is due to his terrier DNA or not, I don't know. I do know that he is loyal beyond all reason to me, and will be my faithful companion until death parts us.

But I also wonder if Gracie misses her old play mate. There are times I wish I could communicate with them, crawling into their thoughts.

Enjoy the beautiful weather, for it won't last.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment