Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Art Journal

Scrapbook paper from 7 Gypsies

Dylusion stencils and sprays

Dylusion sprays, alphabet, stamps, and various stencils
Good Morning.

Last week I was feeling at loose ends, not sure where I was going with the art. So I just played in the journals, liking the colors, enjoying the experiments. I had also tried to make some greeting cards. Yeah, no that wasn't in the plan either. Just couldn't seem to get in that mode of thinking.

One of the things Dyan taught us in the journaling workshops at The Scrapbook Studio in Moline was not to waste any ink. So once you use a stamp or stencil, you turn to a clean page and clean it off. You will indeed end up doing something with it. I had tried painting with Gelatos from Faber Castell in the top photograph, and ya know how you think you can make something right and it doesn't happen? Those two pages were bugging me, so I papered over them with 7 Gypsies, added Flossie (Dyan names her stencils), colored her in, and added a few stamps. It's not all that creative, but I like it. And it's my journal....

The last 2 entries had stamps and/or stencils cleaned off on them as blank pages, and I just added to it. All about having fun. All about trying new techniques. I am not going to hang these up on a wall, framed. This is for me.

Try something new today. It's fun.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment