Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Primitive Bowls




These are resin bowls that we picked up at a local wholesaler. They were kind of distressed, but to be brutally honest, they were ugly. So I brought them home and painted them in warm colors, then antiqued the finish. They can't be used for food consumption, but I think they'd look great with some Christmas ornaments or pine cones as a side table decoration.

Every year, the artist Tim Holtz does 12 tags in this size for Christmas. This year he is doing 12 tags for 2012, all year long. But his work is always an inspiration to paper crafters world wide to try new techniques. My tag is not a new technique, I just wanted to use that striped paper as a background. I like it, and I'm keeping it!

Jake supervising. Anything to eat, mom?
Vote!!!!!!!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment