Sunday, September 9, 2012

Puppy Pool Party

The dogs getting adjusted

Dega being chased, but he deserved it

Beautiful standard poodle

Dega contemplating chasing the poodle

Coal going out into the deep after a ball
This weekend is the Splash Island Puppy Pool Party. We went yesterday afternoon. You will notice that Gracie and Jake, my dogs, the dogs that I paid $10 each for the event, are not in the pools. Yes, indeed. I knew Gracie wouldn't get wet, she never does. Such a Diva. But I thought for sure that Jake would run through the water having a good old time. No. Never happened.

Towards the end of the hour, Jake did finally enter the wading pool and walk around a few feet. But that was about it. From the minute Melissa removed Dega's leash, he was off and running. She spent the entire time running back and forth on the deck (humans are not allowed in the pool) keeping track of her dog. Dega was a wild man. I enjoyed just watching him.

I spent some time trying to catch my dogs, who, once they had their leashes off, decided to enter the general grounds and run around trees. No, guys, we are here for the water.

It wasn't crowded this year, which was nice for us, but not so good for the fundraiser. We are all feeling the crunch. Enjoy yourselves this fine day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment