Friday, May 25, 2012

These won't last long


The above are flowers in my front garden. Central Indiana is down over 2 inches of rain for the month of May, so the summer drought has already begun. I am watering the plants every other day in the hope I can save them. I have lost a lot of perennials in the droughts of the past two summers. Sure wish this weather pattern would shift, change, go elsewhere.  Not to wish this on anyone else, but ya know? 3rd year in a row? It gets old. This summer I will concentrate on saving the trees. Far more time and money invested in those babies.

Stay safe this Memorial Day weekend. This day is about more than racing, picnics, the end of the school year. Or the current heat wave. We should all take a moment to thank those that gave their lives for our country, and those that returned after serving.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment