Thursday, May 31, 2012

Can we say bored?


Yesterday we walked at the park. The weather had cooled down, and it was very pleasant. Then, later in the afternoon, we went to the dog park. In-between those two events, we played the "let the dog out so the dog can come in" game. And then the dog gets a treat....

So last evening I wanted to sit my own butt down and relax. Due to this strange weather pattern, a great many people in our area are complaining of sinus distress, headaches, etc. We've had ozone alerts. Indianapolis does not have a mass transit system, therefore everyone drives everywhere. Combined with the lack of rain and high temperatures we experienced, that can give you some whopper headaches. I had one. It was a real doozy, and when I do get a headache like that, barking dogs will aggravate it.

Yeah. You guessed it. BOTH of them wanted to run around the back yard and bark. What were they barking at? Oh, a bird. A blade of grass, someone walking by, the sound of the train yards to the south, who knows? I truly believe that dogs have moods just as people do, and my two were in a mood last night.

I had to use my MOM voice. More than once. But by 9:30pm, it had finally sunk into those canine brains. It was time to settle and give mom some peace and quiet.

I swear, it's like having kids in the house again. Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment