Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Aftermath

Whatever you do, don't look at mom and the camera

This morning I am grateful. The dogs and I survived the storm inside the house yesterday. My home is still intact, the dogs are fine, I'm great. A lot of residents to our south can't say that, and my heart goes out to those communities. It appears we are in for a wild and stormy spring.

After the second wave of thunderstorms and hail went through our area, the sun came out. Just as bright and welcoming as could be. So I took the dogs for a short walk at the YMCA not far from home, just in case it the weather changed yet again. We were out for about 30 minutes and the wind picked up, about knocking the dogs off their feet. Gracie, being the smart Aussie that she is, refused to take a longer route, and started pulling me back to the car. Sometimes you have to trust your dog's instinct, and go with it. Glad that I did. The wind was gusting up to 60mph within another 30 minutes. By that time, we were home, safe and comfortable.

Be safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment