Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Watching The Yard

Gracie, watching the neighborhood from her bed

Favorite morning spot, on mom's bed looking out the window

Oh, mom! Must you?


I'm bored! There's nothing to do!

Yesterday morning I came out of the shower to see the above. Both on my bed, facing the double windows. Just watching the world go by. This is the normal routine in the mornings, while they are waiting for me to get dressed and start the day.

Both dogs have been very frisky, very playful this past week. I attribute this behavior to the slight smell of spring in the air. The signs are all around us, and we don't care if it is still February. Birds are chirping in the mornings and on our walks through the woods. Squirrels are extremely active, chasing one another up and down the trees. Huge flocks of cranes and geese have passed overhead, going to the north. We saw one today, and I swear there were 150 birds in that particular flock, flying due north.

The first day of spring is still 3 weeks away, but the animals are telling us it will be early. I hope so.

Enjoy your day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment