Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thinking warm weather

One of the Hostas that border the sidewalk

View from the front door

I am trying to think positive. We have had an exceptionally mild winter with a ton of rain. It could very well have been snow and ice, as it was last winter. I always consider the month of February to be the final countdown. March can go either way: be mild or a wintery mix. But by the time we make it to March, you know that good weather is just around the corner.

I took the above shots last April 12th. This is in the front of my house. The lavender plant in the bed at the end of the sidewalk didn't make it through last summer. I saw some signs of life in October, so I'm hoping it will come back. I love the look and aroma of lavender growing. Perhaps with a bit more shade on that particular flower bed, it will survive. Our summers have been brutal on the plants.

We have snow in the forecast for tonight, and bitter cold for this weekend. But the end is in sight. I can live with that. For now, I will have to be content looking at the pictures of last year's plants.

Have a great day. Enjoy yourselves, no matter what it is you do.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment