Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We're Off to see the Wizard

Cathy found these little (about 5x8) wooden boxes at one of the dollar discount stores. We immediately saw the possibilities of altering the box to be a frame. It takes but a few minutes to slap some paint on the wood. I warn you, if you try this, the wood is soft and will soak up the paint. A tip: let the wood dry completely, preferably overnight, then lightly sand with a brown, paper bag. Most groceries don't hand these out anymore, so I always have a stash of brown lunch bags on hand, and just tear one in half. Brown paper has just enough "tooth" to it that it will remove the little nubbies that the paint raises on the wood, leaving the surface very, very smooth. Works like a charm.

So I have a few of these painted and waiting for some paper, embellisments, whatever strikes me. They are fun. I wanted to do another Wizard of Oz creation from Graphic 45, because the small canvas I did last summer sold. Sometimes simply is best, and I know when to stop. Other times I want everything in the studio on the canvas or in the box. Slap me. Perhaps it depends on how much chocolate I've had? Who knows.

Have a creative day. Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment