Monday, November 21, 2011

The Scrap Room

My bargain shutter in the studio

Details
Several months ago I saw a photograph of a scrapbooking studio where the woman had propped up old shutters, and was using them as storage. I loved the idea. I like the shabby look anyway. So I talked Cathy (yeah, right) into going with me to a local antiques/primitives store to browse for shutters. We found this one. It didn't fit into my car, so Cathy had to deliver it the next day in her truck. She has kicked herself repeatedly for not buying the mate to mine.

The general idea is that you can stick envelops of embellishments into the shutter openings. As you can see, it works rather well. This, of course, is not all of the embellishments I own. Good grief, no. I joke that I could open my own scrap store right out of my spare bedroom. In the first photo you can also see white bookcases to the left of the shutter. The baskets on top of the bookcases hold embellishments as well. This third bedroom is nothing but scrapbooking/card making/craft supplies. It has a double closet that is full as well. Along with a drafting table, a 6 foot table, and a 4 foot table.

I am out of room. Seriously? I could use a space twice as big as this bedroom. It is jammed packed. However, I know where everything is (kind of), and it definitely helps me to be organized when I am in the mood to create something.

Gracie is not allowed to touch anything. Nor is Jake. That doesn't stop them from dreaming....as you can see in the above shot.

Have a good day. It's raining here. It's cold. It is a good day to work in this very room.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment