Sunday, November 13, 2011

Driving

Put the dogs in the car this morning for the short drive to the park. I wanted to get our walk in before the rain starts. We had a very pleasant walk, although fought the wind the entire way, and it was time to come home. Ahhh. And there lies the problem.

The park in Avon is on a main highway that has 4 lanes, with a median strip so drivers can pull over to wait for a chance to merge, make a turn, etc. I am in the median strip waiting to merge into eastbound traffic, when this young man in a white car comes flying at me, doing (I swear I am not making this up) 65 mph. IN THE MEDIAN. He wants to turn left onto a street just west of me. I am not able to move over into traffic, they are moving at 55 mph plus, nor am I suicidal that I would pull into oncoming traffic. So I moved as far as I could because this asshole never slowed down. He passed me so close, I swear I could smell his aftershave.

Do you think he heard what I yelled out the open window? Want to guess what it was?

Have a great day. Be safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment