Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Diva

Gracie on the deck 

The dynamics of the relationship between the dogs, and with me, has changed once again. Gracie, smart little Aussie that she is, has figured out that if mom is busy correcting Jake, mom may not realize what she, The Diva Princess, is up to. At other times, she will automatically come to my side if I'm correcting Jake, and look up at me. "I'm the good one, mom" is the message.

Last night at the dog park, we met a new dog. Her name is Roxanne, she is 5 months old, and a mutt. Definitely has some beagle in her, but beyond that it is anyone's guess. Roxanne was a bit shy at first, and allowing my two to dominant her. This went on for about 10 minutes, when the girl said enough. I was cheering from the sidelines. Jake had been circling her, barking, swatting her with his front paw, and she turned and let Mr. Jake have it, nipping back and chasing him around the park. This is exactly what he needed to learn that not every other dog is going to think he is just soooooo cute, that he can get away with his rude behavior. From that point forward, not only did Jake treat Roxanne with respect, so did Gracie. The Diva had been watching this, running around in a larger circle, and when Roxanne stood her ground, Gracie sat down to watch.

Can dogs chuckle? I swear Gracie was laughing...
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment