Monday, August 22, 2011

The Back Yard Revisited



These were taken about a week ago, before Jake had his facial hair gently trimmed. We had a playdate with Dega, one of the dog park pals, last Monday evening. Melissa, Dega's mom, trims Dega at home so she offered to trim Jake a bit more than I already had. I'm glad she did. He can see, and I can see his eyes. I must take some new pics.

Went kind of crazy today, and bought a tree to be planted in the backyard. I am sick of not having shade and waiting for what I have planted to grow. Our growth rate for plants this summer is zero, due to lack of rain. Watering, which I do, just doesn't cut it like a good torrential downpour. Anyway, back to the tree. I purchased a sugar maple that is between 10 and 12 feet tall, with a 3 inch diameter trunk. AND I am paying them to deliver and plant this bad boy. My babies need shade. It's an investment. I am nuts. Pick any one of those statements, or all of them. They are all true.

I best not catch a dog chewing on this expensive addition to their playground. Hear me now, Gracie and Jake. You have Nyla bones, and pull toys, and balls. Play with your toys.

Right.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment