Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It is HOT!



I took the above pics last Saturday morning after we returned from an early walk. The last time the dogs have been on a long walk. We did an abbreviated route on Monday, but it was just too hot.

Today is horrendous. The heat index is 115. It is going higher, as the air temperature is suppose to hit 97 or 98 by 4pm. The local weatherman is stating that the dew point and temperatures we are experiencing are "tropic in nature", meaning that this is the typical weather pattern for South America. Really? In Central Indiana? Why thank you for that information.

Looking at these shots makes me incredibly sad that in four short days the grass went from green to brown straw. This area of the midwest is down over 2.5 inches of rain for the month of July. No rain in sight. Now they are saying it is just too hot.

If you have dogs or cats, please remember that this intense heat can be lethal to them. They also need cool air and plenty of water. My guys will only stay out longer than 15 minutes early in the day. Unfortunately, my work schedule this week demands that I am out of the house from 7am to 9:30am.  So I am making sure that I go out with them, watching to see when they have had enough. We are spending time indoors, doing a little training, taking naps.

Life with dogs. Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment