Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Flowers at Biltmore

Formal gardens at Biltmore



Hydrangea inside the conservatory


Inside the Biltmore conservatory
We were sad to discover that some of the flower beds were bare at Biltmore. I have no idea what their planting season is in the mountains, but 2 very large areas had been tilled and not planted. We made up for that fact inside the beautiful conservatory, where everything was in bloom.

I worked in my own garden yesterday. When I see stunning color in another garden, it makes me want to improve mine. Of course now that I placed new plants, it is not going to rain for days. But of course. Does it ever fail?

Warm (or hot) weather is finally here. Time to spend hours outside with Gracie, walking the trails, working in the yards. Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment