Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dogs at Play




I know in these photographs it appears that Gracie is picking on poor little Jake. Yeah. Let us review the past 3 weeks, since Jake came to live with us:

Jake is very demanding of my attention. At one point, he was actually jumping up on top of the kitchen table to get to me before Gracie could. That stopped in a hurry. I do like the fact that he loves to cuddle.

If Gracie is quietly resting, or meditating, or whatever else is going on inside that Aussie brain, Jake will approach her and grab a hind leg. In his mouth. He will then pull on it until she has no choice but to go after him or fall flat on her butt. And then the good times roll. They will chase each other all over the house, the yard, up and down off of furniture until exhausted.

The little fart has chewed through one leather leash, and one woven cloth leash. The scary part was he had the leashes on for no more than 5 or 10 minutes. That fast.

Jake likes his paws to be clean at all times. How do I know this? Because he uses all 3 available water bowls as his own personal foot bath. He doesn't dig in the water (like some dogs at the dog park), rather he delicately places his paws, one at a time, in the water and gently stirs it around. I had to buy 2 heavy ceramic crocks to use as water bowls because he kept tipping the plastic ones I've been using for, oh, 2 years now. Sigh.

I am thankful that he has adjusted so well. I am grateful that Gracie has accepted Jake and plays with him every day. He is a cutie, isn't he?
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment