Wednesday, April 27, 2011

This is getting boring, ya know?

"Pinks", or Dianthus

Hosta along the walk

Hosta and something I don't remember the name of

Card I made last week
Gee, it's raining. Again. Yet. Never ending. No tornadoes, thank you very much, just lots of water and it is everywhere.

I sat out on the bench outside my front door the other day, taking the pictures above. I am so ready to take flower photos, and some of the tulips in bloom in the area are stunning, but it just keeps raining. The colors, including the greens of the grass and trees, are vivid in this overcast light and it is driving me nuts. Short drive.

A great deal of my day is spent wiping off Gracie's paws. She is either wet or wet and muddy (my favorite!). Yesterday we went for a walk at the park, and then I got the bright idea that she needed a playdate with Amos, Cathy's little fluffy dog, who is white with black markings. SURE, Cathy told me on the phone, it will do them both some good, come on over. She neglected to tell me that her backyard was a mud pit, but being semi-intelligent, I should have known that.

There is dark colored mulch in Cathy's yard. Oh, yes. Gracie's paws were black, Amos was mostly black when we left, but the dogs had some additional exercise chasing birds, each other, and generally just patrolling the perimeter of the yard.

The things a dog mom will do......
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment